Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mick Fleetwood Interview - SET LIST SPOILERS included!

There's always been an elusive quality to Mick Fleetwood's drumming. One can literally hear different sounds, patterns and textures in his playing with each listen - an assessment Fleetwood himself agrees with.

"I honestly don't know how I do it," Fleetwood says, laughing. "I think it's because I'm a blues-based drummer playing rock 'n' roll and pop music. To me, I respond to a vibe, a certain musical heartbeat. Of course, it creates problems when I play something and I'm asked to repeat it. The whole thing is a mystery to me.

The Greatest Hits Tour

Fleetwood can be forgiven for name-checking one of his own albums, as he and the rest of Fleetwood Mac have been busy combing their multi-million-selling catalog in preparation for the Fleetwood Mac 'Unleashed' Greatest Hits Tour, which starts this March and runs until "the people tell us to stop."

To read the rest of the article and listen to the interviews, head on over to Music Radar! There are set list spoilers in the interview, so listen at your own risk if you are planning to be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment