Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stevie Nicks is a hard act to follow

SUPERSTAR Stevie Nicks will not allow Lindsay Lohan to play her in a planned Fleetwood Mac biopic.

"Lindsay cannot be me until she gets her life together," Nicks, 61, told the Sunday Herald Sun. "If I were to do a movie, or allow a movie about my life, Lindsay Lohan is not the person I would pick to do it.

"She has got completely off track. She has a bad reputation. She is a party girl.

"I would want somebody who is an excellent actress and dedicated to their craft."

Fleetwood Mac is swamped by movie offers and Nicks has picked the actor to play her.

"I want Reese Witherspoon to play me," Nick said. "Reese knows. She would play Stevie Nicks really well."

Nicks can relate to the traps snaring Hollywood's new brat pack.

She once released a solo album, Trouble In Shangri La, about the perils of celebrity and fame.

"I look at Miley Cyrus and wonder how she can keep it up because she is everything," Nicks said. "She is a singer, an actress, a dancer, a song writer. She is very famous. And she's only 16."

Nicks knows Miley's father, singer-actor Billy Ray Cyrus, keeps his daughter on track.

"He's a good old boy. He's tough as nails underneath that sweet smile," she said.

Nicks said Paris Hilton should not be rated alongside Cyrus, Lohan or Britney Spears.

"Paris is an heiress. She has so much money, she never has to work a day in her life," Nicks said.

"But she has purposely chosen to build an empire. So God bless her."

But Nicks gave her strongest support to Spears.

"I love Britney and I want the best for her," Nicks said. "She has got her life back and she has two boys who need her.

"But Britney has her body back, her beauty back and, hopefully, she will get her power back."

Fleetwood Mac performs at Rod Laver Arena on December 1. Tickets go on sale on September 4.

mA 40TH anniversary edition of Frank Sinatra's classic album, My Way, will be released in October.

"There's simply no one like Frank Sinatra. His music is one of the reasons I got into this business," Universal Music chairman Lucian Grainge said. "Now we plan to bring it alive for a whole new generation of fans."

- Article from the Heraldsun

No comments:

Post a Comment